Mayfair Contact - Office Liaison
This year we are celebrating the 73th annual Mayfair in Rosedale Park. Since its inception, Mayfair has been a team effort and I want to thank the Mayfair Committee for their continued hard work of preparations for this year’s event. Our preview evening hours have changed to enhance your peace of mind. Come join us – it’s a great way to sample all the rides, food and drinks, and enjoy some great rock and roll at the beer garden.
What to Expect – FRIDAY:
· AMAZING RIDES! Stomach-churning thrills for the big customers, as well as starter excitement for smaller folk! Experience some of Canada’s greatest carnival rides in Rosedale Park courtesy of World’s Finest Shows.
· Friday BBQ the special dinner menu Friday includes the famous ribs from Summerhill Market. They are always a treat and sell out every year so come early!
· Main Stage Entertainment on Friday night only – Governor Douglas performs, back by popular demand
· BONUS! Redeem your World’s Finest Shows Rides Voucher for your Ride-all-Day Bracelet on Friday evening, and use it both days for many hours of riding fun (4 pm to 7:30 pm Friday, plus all day Saturday)!
What to Expect – SATURDAY:
· AMAZING RIDES! If you didn’t redeem your ride voucher on Friday night, you can redeem the ride voucher all day Saturday until 4pm and enjoy the rides, using your ride bracelet. If you don’t have a ride bracelet, just buy Mayfair Tickets from the sellers in the park to go on the rides and play the midway games all day long.
· MIDWAY GAMES! Win valuable prizes! Favourites like Kick-and-Score Soccer, Feed the Monkey and the Kiddie Striker Giraffe are back, plus 3 extra new ones! All in the Marvelous Midway!
• THE KIDDIE ZONE! A special place just for younger visitors inside the rink area with fun inflatables: Explore John Silver’s Pirate Ship, climb Volcano Island, or seek cover under the Big Top. Preschoolers, have some fun in the Wacky Kiddie Korner! The tiniest kids can try their luck (and win a guaranteed prize) at our historic favourites, the Fish Pond, Wacky Hair and Face Painting! The Mooredale Summer Camp will be running the Gaga Ball inflatable game.
• Food Court and BBQ all day Saturday! Early starters can enjoy the Food Court’s Sausage ‘n Egg breakfast sandwich (8:30 am until 11:00 am) and Starbucks coffee. By 11:00, the BBQ’s will be serving scrumptious Webers burgers, Maple Leaf All Natural hot dogs, with “all the fixin’s”, cold drinks and Neal Bros. chips. Find the Food Court at the west end of the park south of the rink. The Beer Garden is located conveniently nearby, and there is plenty of free seating!
• Free admission to the Beer & Wine Garden, staffed by the gang from Steam Whistle, joined this year by Georgian Bay Spirits and D’Ont Poke the Bear! Open Saturday from 11 am to 6 pm. A perfect place to catch up with old friends.
• Enjoy the live music on the Main Stage in the Beer & Wine Garden with guitarist, singer/songwriter Jesse Gold.
• Free Bike and Stroller Valet Parking! Again this year, the whole family can bike to Mayfair! We’re offering free valet parking for bicycles throughout Mayfair. Our secure bike enclosure will be staffed by volunteers from Cycle Toronto, at the south-east end of the park, near Scholfield Avenue. Drop off your bike and have a worry-free time at Mayfair!
• Track and Field! Fun for ages 1 to 13
• Midway Bingo! Great prizes and lots of fun for everyone in the family.
• Face Painting Booth! Magical transformations for just a few tickets!
• Wacky Hair Salon! Crazy colours and sparkling tiaras!
Each year, Mayfair has two purposes: it’s a fundraiser for Mooredale and also a neighbourhood fair that strengthens connections in our community. We look forward to seeing you at Mayfair 2019.
I encourage you to be part of the team for Mayfair 2019, and call Mooredale at 416-922-3714, ext. 310, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to have you join us! Many hands make lighter work.
2019 Mayfair Committee
|Past Chair||Joanne Pauli|
|Beer & Wine Garden||Tim McLaughlin|
|Park Set-Up & Take Down||Doug Deeks|
|Park Visitors & Security||Harry Peckham|
|Permits & Insurance||Erik Mathiesen|
|Poster, Banners & Signage||Blair O‘Connor|
|Ride Vouchers||Julie Ballon|
|Ticket Sellers||Susan Guichon|
|Tickets||Lynda Smith |
|Track & Field||Luis Vega Penso|
|Staff Support||Paul Buksner|
Camp, Pool, Preschool & Sport staff