Sports Club Technical Director
SPORTS CLUB MANAGER
A retired professional athlete that dedicated his life to the sport of basketball. Dwayne has played, coached and trained around the world at a high level. His passion shows in transferring his knowledge to the youth that he coaches/trains. Having a son that is 14, he is aware of how to guide youth to become quality and productive members of society. A proven leader on and off the floor. Dwayne also spends time giving back to the community through various projects with Puma. One the founders of The Association.
Basketball’s popularity is continuing to grow here in Toronto, and Mooredale Basketball is a great way for kids to get an introduction to sport. Our program teaches kids the fundamental skills of the sport, and gives them the opportunity to apply those skills in a game setting.
By registering for this Mooredale Sport activity, I agree to pay Mooredale for the annual Mooredale Membership Fee by VISA or MasterCard. For more information on Membership please email Joanna Ingram firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-922-3714 ext 103 between 8am and 4pm.
- Regular Fee: $350
- Late (Starting August 16 (Fall/Winter) December 1 (Winter/Spring)): $400
Note: a current Mooredale membership is required to participate in all Mooredale Sports programs. More information on membership is available here.
Please note: unless we are provided with a copy of a medical note (which prevents your child from participating in all sport activities) there will be no refunds past the September 1st (Fall/Winter) Jan 1st (Winter/Spring).
All cancellations and requests prior to the September 1st (Fall/Winter) January 1st (Winter/Spring) deadline for reimbursement are subject to a $50 admin fee.
Sessions & Tentative Schedules
We now offer 2 sessions throughout the year. Below are the tentative dates for each.
|Fall/Winter||Sept 8 – Mid Dec 15||15 weeks|
|Spring||Jan 5 – Apr 27th||15weeks|
Note: there are no sessions on the following dates:
December 18 – January 2 (Holiday Break)
March 14 – 18 (March Break)
Sessions are on Wednesdays. Please see age groups and times below.
Tentative Time Slots & Age Groups
|Age Group||Time Slot|
|U8 (2015 & 2016)||6:00-7:00PM|
|U10 (2013 & 2014)||7:00-8:00PM|
|U12 (2011 & 2012)||8:00-9:00PM|
|U15 (2008, 2009 & 2010)||9:00-10:00PM|
Please note: this schedule is subject to change, based on final registration numbers, permits, and facility availability. Mooredale reserves the right to merge age groupings together in the case where a division is not viable due to registration numbers.
All age groups are coed.
- Athletic shoes (non-marking soles, please!)
- Water bottle (no sports drinks!)
We are pleased to announce that our basketball program will run at the following facilities:
FALL/WINTER: De La Salle College
Winter/Spring De La Salle College
Sample Session Topics
- Lay Ups – Both hands, proper way of jumping
- Ball Handling and Dribbling – Dribbling with left and right hand, crossover, etc.
- Basic and Advanced Passing – Chest pass, bounce pass, overhead pass
- Passing Under Pressure – Breaking pressures like full court press
- Basic Screens
- Footwork – Jab steps, ball fakes, pass fakes and shot fakes
- Rebounding – Introduce rebounding technique
- Post Moves – Drop step, jump hook, etc.
- Spacing – Introduce basic spacing concepts
- Offense – 2 on 2, 3 on 3, offensive motion concepts, 5 on 5, etc.
- Defense – Basic stance, defensive slide, off ball principles
- Shooting Form
- Athletic and Movement Skills – Run, jump, land, skip, stop, move laterally, squat, lunge and other basic movements
2022 *NEW Summer Coed Basketball-Outdoor
Basketball program for kids aged 7 to 14. Please note we have limited amount of spots available for each
program. It is a first come first serve basis.
Fee: $300 (9 week Summer Season June – end of July)
Facility: De La Salle College New outdoor Basketball Court
Time: Wednesday evenings, starts 6pm
Club Basketball Technical Program