Club Administrative Assistant
Sports Club Manager
Basketball’s popularity is continuing to grow here in Toronto, and Mooredale Basketball is a great way for kids to get an introduction to sport. Our program teaches kids the fundamental skills of the sport, and gives them the opportunity to apply those skills in a game setting.
By registering for this Mooredale Sport activity, I agree to pay Mooredale for the annual Mooredale Membership Fee by VISA or MasterCard. For more information contact Membership Registrar, Catherine Loeffler at email@example.com or call 416-922-3714 ext 102 between 9am and 5pm.
- Regular Fee: $350
- Late (Starting August 10 (Fall/Winter) December 1 (Winter/Spring)): $380
Note: a current Mooredale membership is required to participate in all Mooredale Sports programs. More information on membership is available here.
Please note: unless we are provided with a copy of a medical note (which prevents your child from participating in all sport activities) there will be no refunds past the September 1st (Fall/Winter) Jan 1st (Winter/Spring).
All cancellations and requests prior to the September 1st (Fall/Winter) January 1st (Winter/Spring) deadline for reimbursement are subject to a $50 admin fee.
Sessions & Tentative Schedules
We now offer 2 sessions throughout the year. Below are the tentative dates for each.
|Fall/Winter||Sept 15 – Dec 15||15 weeks|
|Summer||June 15 – Sept 1||12 weeks|
Note: there are no sessions on the following dates:
December 17 – January 4 (Holiday Break)
March 8 – 22 (March Break)
Tentative Time Slots & Age Groups
|Age Group||Time Slot|
|U8 (2013 & 2014)||Tuesdays 6:00 – 7:00pm|
|U10 (2011 & 2012)||Tuesdays 7:00 – 8:00pm|
|U12 (2009 & 2010)||Wednesdays 7:00 – 8:00pm|
|U15 (2006, 2007 & 2008)||Wednesdays 8:00 – 9:00pm|
Please note: this schedule is subject to change, based on final registration numbers, permits, and facility availability. Mooredale reserves the right to merge age groupings together in the case where a division is not viable due to registration numbers.
All age groups are coed.
- Athletic shoes (non-marking soles, please!)
- Water bottle (no sports drinks!)
We are pleased to announce that our basketball program will run at the following facilities:
FALL/WINTER: Rosedale Park on Tuesdays & Wednesdays.
Summer: Rosedale Park on Tuesdays & Wednesdays.
Sample Session Topics
- Lay Ups – Both hands, proper way of jumping
- Ball Handling and Dribbling – Dribbling with left and right hand, crossover, etc.
- Basic and Advanced Passing – Chest pass, bounce pass, overhead pass
- Passing Under Pressure – Breaking pressures like full court press
- Basic Screens
- Footwork – Jab steps, ball fakes, pass fakes and shot fakes
- Rebounding – Introduce rebounding technique
- Post Moves – Drop step, jump hook, etc.
- Spacing – Introduce basic spacing concepts
- Offense – 2 on 2, 3 on 3, offensive motion concepts, 5 on 5, etc.
- Defense – Basic stance, defensive slide, off ball principles
- Shooting Form
- Athletic and Movement Skills – Run, jump, land, skip, stop, move laterally, squat, lunge and other basic movements