Basketball's popularity is continuing to grow here in Toronto, and Mooredale Basketball is a great way for kids to get an introduction to sport. Our program teaches kids the fundamental skills of the sport, and gives them the opportunity to apply those skills in a game setting.
By registering for this Mooredale Sport activity, I agree to pay Mooredale for the annual Mooredale Membership Fee by VISA or MasterCard. For more information contact Membership Registrar, Catherine Loeffler at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-922-3714 ext 102 between 9am and 5pm.
All cancellations and requests for reimbursement are subject to a $50 admin fee. All requests must be made prior to Sept 1 (Fall/Winter) Jan 1st (Winter/Spring) in writing. Please keep in mind there will be no refund after Sept 1 (Fall/Winter) Jan 1st (Winter/Spring) unless for Medical Reason.
Sessions & Tentative Schedules
We now offer 2 sessions throughout the year. Below are the tentative dates for each.
Sept 15 to Dec 16
Jan 5 to Apr 28
Note: there are no sessions on the following dates:
December 17 - January 4 (Holiday Break)
March 8 - 22 (March Break)
Tentative Time Slots & Age Groups
(2013 & 2014)
(2011 & 2012)
(2009 & 2010)
Please note: this schedule is subject to change, based on final registration numbers, permits, and facility availability. Mooredale reserves the right to merge age groupings together in the case where a division is not viable due to registration numbers.
All age groups are coed.
We are pleased to announce that our basketball program will run at the following facilities:
Whitney Jr. P.S on Tuesdays & Wednesdays.
Whitney Jr. P.S. on Tuesdays & Wednesdays.
Sample Session Topics
- Lay Ups - Both hands, proper way of jumping
- Ball Handling and Dribbling - Dribbling with left and right hand, crossover, etc.
- Basic and Advanced Passing - Chest pass, bounce pass, overhead pass
- Passing Under Pressure - Breaking pressures like full court press
- Basic Screens
- Footwork - Jab steps, ball fakes, pass fakes and shot fakes
- Rebounding - Introduce rebounding technique
- Post Moves - Drop step, jump hook, etc.
- Spacing - Introduce basic spacing concepts
- Offense - 2 on 2, 3 on 3, offensive motion concepts, 5 on 5, etc.
- Defense - Basic stance, defensive slide, off ball principles
- Shooting Form
- Athletic and Movement Skills - Run, jump, land, skip, stop, move laterally, squat, lunge and other basic movements
If you require additional information or have questions, please contact us via e-mail email@example.com or call the office at 416-922-3714
Follow us on Social Media!
- Regular Fee
Starting August 10
Note: a current Mooredale membership is required to participate in all Mooredale Sports programs. More information on membership is available here.
Please note: unless we are provided with a copy of a medical note (which prevents your child from participating in all sport activities) there will be no refunds past the September 1st (Fall/Winter) Jan 1st (Winter/Spring)
All cancellations and requests prior to the September 1st (Fall/Winter) January 1st (Winter/Spring) deadline for reimbursement are subject to a $50 admin fee.
- Athletic shoes
(non-marking soles, please!)
- Water bottle
(no sports drinks!)