416.922.3714 x 105
- October 27, 2015 Learn To Ski Risk Waiver
Learn to Ski/Snowboard
LEARN TO SKI/SNOWBOARD 2018
***PLEASE NOTE - We have been informed by Earl Bales that due to a lack of available instructors, the Learn to Ski program has been cancelled for 2018***
The 2018 winter season is just around the corner, and we are getting ready for the popular Learn to Ski/Snowboard program at Mooredale. Here are the details for this coming season:
- Lessons are offered Wednesday or Thursday at Earl Bales Ski and Snowboard Centre
- Participants can be 5 - 12 years of age (Snowboarding is 6+ years of age)
- Program runs from Wednesday January 24 - February 28 and Thursday January 25 - March 1 (6 Weeks)
- Participants will travel to EBSSC by bus, with two pickup locations: Whitney Public School (Pickup 3:35pm, Drop off at 7:30pm) and Mooredale (Pickup at 4:00pm, Drop off at 7:50pm)
- Lessons provided by certified EBSSC staff
- The cost for 6 classes is $410 with ski/snowboard rental or $395 without rental
- Optional: Optional dinner featuring a famous Summerhill Market sandwich for $95 (see description below)
**Part Time Seasonal Job Opportunity**
We will hiring Chaperons for this program, ages 16 and older. Ski and snowboard experience an asset but not required. Job Descriptions will be listed on the right of this page on November 21st. For further questions, please email the Program Manager.
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Learn to ski in the city! Mooredale is offering ski and snowboard lessons in partnership with Earl Bales Ski & Snowboard Centre. Participants will be picked up by bus from Whitney Public School or Mooredale House and travel to EBSSC where certified ski and snowboard instructors will teach your children the basics of skiing and snowboarding during a 1 to 1.5 hour long group lesson.
- Appropriate winter clothing
- Winter Coat
- Snow Pants
- Waterproof/resistant winter Mitts/Gloves
- Winter hat
- Neck Warmer
- Helmet (available with rental if you do not own one)
- Water bottle
If Renting: a pair of skis, boots, helmet and poles are provided to children. If your child is snowboarding, the snowboard, helmet and boots are provided.
*Snowboarding available to participants 6yrs and up.
*HELMETS ARE REQUIRED BY THE CITY, AND ARE INCLUDED WITH RENTAL.
The evening is lead by chaperons and ski/snowboard lessons are taught by certified Earl Bales Instructors. A school bus is provided for transportation. Earl Bales Instructors are fully certified within one or more of the following organizations: Canadian Ski Instructors Alliance, Canadian Association of Snowboard Instructors, Canadian Ski Coaches Federation, Canadian Ski Patrol System.
Instructors are provided 5:1(4-5years) and 8:1 ratio (6+ years). Chaperons are provided for the bus travel and supervision on the hill. *Supervision will not be provided for purchasing food at the ski hill snack bar. Please send along a packed snack/supper or purchase the meal option.
To register, please submit a paper registration form or register online. Following registration you will be provided with a waiver and an additional information form.
*Optional Dinner Plan
An optional dinner package is available for purchase and will include the following:
- Sandwich (Egg salad, tuna, ham, roast beef, vegetarian or turkey breast)
- Juice box
- Crackers and Cheese (or similar snack item)
We will accommodate most allergies and dietary requirements. Please note these on the additional ski form which will be provided.