RDP Quick Links
- Technical Staff Bios
- Evaluations / Try-Outs
- Player Pathway
- Jr. RDP (U6/U7)
2019 House-League Soccer
U6/U7 Training Development Program
Learning the Game - Fundamentals
The Junior Rep Development Program is an extra weekly technical session available to our house-league players looking to transition into our Rep Development Program at the U8 age group. The sessions are more technical in nature than the house-league practices, and are led by Coach Mamadou (who coaches in the Rep Development Program) and Coach Silviu (our Sports Club Manager & Soccer Technical Director).
Below is more information on the program, including details on our development model, curriculum, and the program's dates.
Jr. RDP is now year-round! We are pleased to announce that we will be offering an indoor component for Jr. RDP. For all the details for the 2018-19 indoor season, please see below!
- To develop skilled, confident and creative players. The Coach as a FACILITATOR & TEACHER. The players as decision makers
- To make the game Fun to practice and play. “Serious Fun”- A combination of positive Environment and Challenging Practices
- To teach good sportsmanship and Respect for all. Strong values, Good Character, Good Competitor, Good Citizen
- To value winning but not more than character and performance. Player Development is more important than Short Term results
FOUR CORNER DEVELOPMENT MODEL:
JUNIOR TRAINING PROGRAM – Technical
(Warm-up with Ball – Agility, Reaction, Coordination, Technical – Game-Related Practice – 4v4/5v5 SSG Free Play, Cool Down)
- Week 1: Ball Familiarity
Develop ability to Control the Ball
- Week 2: Dribbling To Create Space
Cuts, Turns, Change Direction and Pace
- Week 3: Dribbling Going to Goal to Beat Defenders (1v1)
Fakes, Feints and Moves
- Week 4: Shooting Technique
- Week 5: Tournament Play
- Week 6: Passing and Receiving
- Week 7: Combining with Teammates
Introduce combination plays with two or three players
- Week 8: Defending Principles
Introduce simple defending skills
1v1 challenging the ball carrier to regain possession
- Week 9: Attacking Principles
Introduce simple attacking combination skills
2v2 challenge the 1st defender using the 2nd attacker for support
- Week 10: Tournament Play
Practice sessions are planned so that they involve a Warm-up, a Physical an introduction to the Technique, a progression of the Technique Game Related, and a Scrimmage Game. The sessions will focus on the development of technique in ball control, dribbling, passing, shooting and introduction to defending / attacking skills. The majority of the exercises at this stage will focus on the 1v1 and 2v2 model (FUNDAMENTALS).
All players will be given a written Junior Training Assessment Report at the end of the program.
The Progression of Player Development part of our Jr. RDP is concentrated on:
- BALL MASTERY The Foundation-Touch, Control, Confidence
- 1v1 MOVES Individual Skill to keep possession, Dribbling, Change of direction, Feints, Stops and starts
- RECEIVING and PASSING Team work skills
- SPEED Mental and Physical speed with & without the ball- Acceleration, Reaction, and Decision Making
- FINISHING Focus, Timing, Courage, Concentration, Striking
- GROUP PLAY Putting ALL together-Group Defence, Fast break Attack, Combination Play
JUNIOR RDP PRACTICE OBJECTIVES
Introduce basic individual techniques
Develop agility, balance, coordination with or without the ball
SOCIAL & PSYCHOLOGICAL (20%)
Create positive learning environment – Increase confidence with the ball –Playing with the teammates
NO tactical objectives at this stage.
PROGRAM TIMELINE & REGISTRATION
NEW this year is our Indoor Jr. RDP! Players can sign up for the Full Indoor session, or choose between the Fall and Winter sessions.
All sessions will run at Branksome Hall gym on Thursdays, from 6-7:30pm. Note: non-marking, indoor shoes must be worn.
- Fall Session (10 weeks) - $300
Nov 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 Dec 6, 13 Jan 10, 17, 24
- Winter Session (10 weeks) - $300
Jan 31 Feb 7, 14, 21, 28 Mar 7, 28 Apr 4, 11, 18
- Full Indoor (20 weeks) - $550
Nov 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 Dec 6, 13 Jan 10, 17, 24, 31
Feb 7, 14, 21, 28 Mar 7, 28 Apr 4, 11, 18
To register for either of the above sessions - please visit our online registration portal - PowerUp Sports.
Any questions about the program can be directed to Anthony, Club Administrative Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org