Basketball's popularity is continuing to grow here in Toronto, and Mooredale Basketball is a great way for kids to get an introduction to sport. Our program teaches kids the fundamental skills of the sport, and gives them the opportunity to apply those skills in a game setting.
By registering for this Mooredale Sport activity, I agree to pay Mooredale for the annual Mooredale Membership Fee by VISA or MasterCard. For more information contact Membership Registrar, Catherine Loeffler at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-922-3714 ext 102 between 9am and 5pm.
Sessions & Tentative Schedules
We now offer 2 sessions throughout the year. Below are the tentative dates for each.
Sept 10 to Dec 18
Jan 7 to Apr 29
Note: there are no sessions on the following dates:
December 19 - January 6 (Holiday Break)
March 6 - 20 (March Break)
Tentative Time Slots & Age Groups
(2012 & 2013)
(2010 & 2011)
(2008 & 2009)
(2006 & 2007)
Please note: this schedule is subject to change, based on final registration numbers, permits, and facility availability. Mooredale reserves the right to merge age groupings together in the case where a division is not viable due to registration numbers.
All age groups are coed.
We are pleased to announce that our basketball program will run at the following facilities:
Whitney Jr. P.S on Tuesdays & Wednesdays.
Whitney Jr. P.S. on Tuesdays & Wednesdays.
Sample Session Topics
- Lay Ups - Both hands, proper way of jumping
- Ball Handling and Dribbling - Dribbling with left and right hand, crossover, etc.
- Basic and Advanced Passing - Chest pass, bounce pass, overhead pass
- Passing Under Pressure - Breaking pressures like full court press
- Basic Screens
- Footwork - Jab steps, ball fakes, pass fakes and shot fakes
- Rebounding - Introduce rebounding technique
- Post Moves - Drop step, jump hook, etc.
- Spacing - Introduce basic spacing concepts
- Offense - 2 on 2, 3 on 3, offensive motion concepts, 5 on 5, etc.
- Defense - Basic stance, defensive slide, off ball principles
- Shooting Form
- Athletic and Movement Skills - Run, jump, land, skip, stop, move laterally, squat, lunge and other basic movements
If you require additional information or have questions, please contact us via e-mail email@example.com or call the office at 416-922-3714
Follow us on Social Media!
Starting Ending Dec 6
Starting Dec 7
Note: a current Mooredale membership is required to participate in all Mooredale Sports programs. More information on membership is available here.
Please note: unless we are provided with a copy of a medical note (which prevents your child from participating in all sport activities) there will be no refunds past the September 1st deadline.
All cancellations and requests prior to the September 1st deadline for reimbursement are subject to a $50 admin fee.
- Athletic shoes
(non-marking soles, please!)
- Water bottle
(no sports drinks!)